Here is an inspiring video from the upcoming SIGGRAPH ’15:
- The main theme this year seems to be connecting digital with physical.
- Actually, This year’s theme is Hybrid Craft, a showcase of craft techniques and values in contemporary digital design. The gallery emphasizes the importance of craft heritage in contemporary digital design, where beautiful and meaningful artifacts are produced by machine and craftsperson together.
- I especially like Jie Qi’s artwork: http://technolojie.com/pu-gong-ying-tu-dandelion-painting/
- The transformation from hand-drawing to 3D printing is also great!
- Sometimes in the worst case, if an idea does not have a scientific contribution, it could be art J My previous AtmoSPHERE CHI WiP paper learns from this…