Gnomonic projection, or rectilinear projection, together with stereographic projection, are two most commonly used projection in rendering 360 degree videos, or other VR applications. Recently, I found the inverse converting function from screen coordinates to the two projections can be unified within a single function. It’s not really surprising since both projection uses spherical lens,…
Background According to MathWorld, the gnomonic projection is a nonconformal map projection obtained by projecting points P_1 (or P_2) on the surface of sphere from a sphere’s center O to point P in a plane that is tangent to a point S (Coxeter 1969, p. 93). In a gnomonic projection, great circles are mapped to…
- [Summary] Low Discrepancy Samplings of High Dimensional Geometric Spaces with Applications
- [Summary & Joke] What’s Wrong with Deep Learning? – CVPR 2015 Plenary Talk
- [Summary] SIGGRAPH 2015 Art Gallery Trailer
- Some Ancient Pascal Code of Mine for NOI in 2008
- 14 Tips for Internships <br/> How to take advantage of internships?